View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012, 11:24 AM   #15
danskmacabre
Guru
danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo. Galaxy Tab S 8.4
If I buy a physical book, it's mine, I'm going to do with it what I want whether I keep it, give it to someone, give it to a library whatever.

What if God forbid I decided to reread that book, should I pay for it again?

Libraries have been around for 100s, 1000s of years in one form or another, this whole "Author wants to be reimbursed for every read" is insane and completely wrong.
The Authors that complain about this are just plain greedy.

I'm not very happy that I'm not legally allowed to give ebooks that I have bought to other people. I suspect that will change one day tho.

The law needs to change and if it doesn't people will ignore the law and do it anyway.
The music industry learned the hard way, I expect publishers will have to as well.
danskmacabre is offline   Reply With Quote