View Single Post
Old 04-23-2010, 09:34 AM   #8
dmaul1114
Wizard
dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
I rather like the 16:9 ratio on my JE100. And I only read in portrait mode. The page contains more lines, that's the only difference.

And I'm interrested in the WePad, but only if I can run Win7 on it.
For straight text it's fine.

For say academic PDFs that can't be reflowed, have lots of tables and figures etc. it's not good to be that narrow. And that's a main need of a tablet for me.

And again, I want apps to work in both orientations like on the iPad and that's tough with wide ratios vs. 4:3 etc.

As for Win 7, I'm not sure I want that in a tablet--I just want the OS to have files/folders and drag and drop, and not the closed iPad OS.

But I don't really need a full OS as it would mainly just be an e-reader/web browser/streaming video player for me, so I care more about it being fast, intuitive and having 10+ hours of battery life (like the iPad) which I doubt a Windows 7 tablet will do.
dmaul1114 is offline   Reply With Quote