View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 04:35 AM   #8
ElMiko
Addict
ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
If you want cycling use the tab key for forwards and shift+tab for backwards. I can restore cycling with the arrow keys as well, though atleast for me, Tab is a lot more natural.
@ALL - Eep! Sorry for the confusion I did mean 0.8.60.

@Kovid - Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but hitting tab (or shift+tab) simply jumps the selected field one over the the right (or left). What I'm talking about is vertical navigation within a metadata field dropdown. Let me give an example.

Let's say I'm adding a book to the library by imaginary author Zora Williamson (Williamson, Zora). If I type "Will" in the Author(s) field, a dropdown menu appears with all the authors whose names start with "Will". At the end of that list is "Williamson, Zora". In the past, after typing "Will", I could hit the "Up" arrow and the list would cycle to the last entry. Now, there are only two ways to get to the bottom: hitting end, or scrolling all the way down. Since the end button requires my lifting my hand off the keyboard and putting it down again over by the numberpad, that's not a super convenient option. If, however, the behavior I'm looking to re-instate causes stability issues, I obviously completely understand.

Last edited by ElMiko; 07-17-2012 at 04:39 AM.
ElMiko is offline   Reply With Quote