View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012, 10:03 AM   #50
QuantumIguana
Philosopher
QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2 gen, Kindle Fire 1st Gen, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggleton View Post
By priceless I meant no price would ever be enough. For example after reading a book I found in a garage I decided to make a rather large life changing decision, how much was that book worth? It is inestimable.
No price is ever enough? You keep insisting that any price is too much!

Quote:
Let the system figure out a way to transfer monies to the creators, although perhaps we should figure out a system that doesn't use monies?
We already have such a system, and it is fantastically effective. You look at a book, and you decide if you want the book enough to pay for it. If you're not willing to pay for the book, you must not value it highly.

It beats any alternative. The Book Commissar you propose is an awful idea. Such a committee would support books that the committee liked, not books that readers liked. Writers would bend their writing to what would be approved by the commissar. What books you liked would cease to matter.
QuantumIguana is offline   Reply With Quote