View Single Post
Old 10-04-2011, 05:24 PM   #10
Insalata
Zealot
Insalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it is

Device: Kobo Sage, iPad
I've not bought a newspaper or magazine for a long time. I don't actually visit newspaper sites, but the internet has filled that slot. The screen has also substituted for reference books, either through search engines, or dictionary apps &c.

Apart from a few books (well, probably into three figures!) on my iPhone in case of emergency, I haven't really switched over from paper books. I've just ordered an eReader, so I think that's about to change. I've been disappointed with the quality of the paperbacks I've bought recently - pages falling out as soon as you open them and that sort of thing - and I'm very careful about how I open books. Even new hardbacks often aren't properly bound. What I think is going to happen is that I'll buy a few old versions of books that are really special, well printed and bound, on good paper. For the rest I'll go electronic.
Insalata is offline   Reply With Quote