View Single Post
Old 01-16-2011, 04:56 PM   #3
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by petergrum View Post
Hello, I have Kindle 3 wi-fi. I connect to my home wi-fi network easy, web browser is working / ordinary pages like yahoo, wikipedia / but when i try to register my kindle or shop in the kindle store, I get the message :

Your Kindle is unable to connect at this time. Please try again later.
If the problem persisits, please restart
your Kindle from the menu in Settings and try again.

I talked to amazon kindle support twice but it was no help, they registered it manually / i can see it in my account at amazon /, but device-kindle is still not registered.They said that something blocks or stops secure content sending from my kindle, I tried to change some setting in my router too.
Could you please someone help ?
Thank you very much.
The first thing I would do is take your Kindle somewhere that offers free wifi, like McDonalds or Krystal or a coffee shop (or whatever is available in your area), and see if it can successfully connect there. If so, then you definitely know that your router is blocking.

Kindle-to-Amazon traffic utilizes specific servers. On the wifi models, regular web traffic (wiki, yahoo, etc) goes direct, rather than through a proxy like 3G traffic does, so you can connect to that stuff.

Rather than contacting Amazon again, I would contact tech support for your router. If there's any sort of traffic monitoring or blocking being done by the router, it may be seeing the Kindle as a suspicious device and blocking suspect traffic.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote