View Single Post
Old 03-15-2010, 09:12 AM   #4
andyotter
andyotter began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-300,PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by grzy7316 View Post
I was thinking of taking some jewelers sandpaper, the really fine stuff, but not so fine as to put a shine on something, and gently going over the screen. my only worry is if this would effect the touchscreen. There seems to be two layers of screens, I just don't know what is what.
This sounds very scary and perhaps terminal for the screen.
As it happens, I was visiting the forum today to find out opinions about the "glare" on the PRS-600.
Looking back over past threads it seems to be an issue that users get very exercised about, both those who are bothered by it and those who think the former are getting fussed about nothing!
Before trying something irreversible like sandpaper, these might be worth trying:
Quote:
Originally Posted by alejandrolauva View Post
They are the Sony PRSA-CL6 lighted cover and the Lexerd TrueVue Anti-glare screen protector.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00..._ya_oh_product
-the Lexerd being q.cheap and removeable if you don't like it.
I've just bought a s/hand 600 with a screen protector already fitted, so I came looking to find out whether some protectors were less glossy than others. Anyone out there got sufficiently exercised to try different screen protectors?

Personally, I find it a problem when there's light coming from different sources. I thought khalleron put it well:
Quote:
Originally Posted by khalleron View Post
While the glare problem did depend on the lighting, the 505 screen is so much clearer, it 'disappears' while I'm reading.
- for me, reading the PRS-300 is a real pleasure as I feel there's nothing between me and the words: the PRS-600, in certain lights, doesn't let me do this; it feels like I'm looking through a sheet of glass and that gets in the way; the reading equivalent of a chair that you find yourself continually shifting position to get comfortable, or the difference between seeing a vase in a cabinet and being able to actually pick it up .
So while I'm very happy for those who don't find glare/reflection a problem, I like you am willing to pursue solutions for this off-putting feature.
Unlike you, I'm not brave enough to try such drastic measures!
andyotter is offline   Reply With Quote