View Single Post
Old 06-21-2013, 10:40 AM   #10
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Regarding the translation dictionaries, keep in mind that with the ones on Kobo you'll have foreign language-> English. The only one into French is the English one.
Once again, no idea about Kindle.

Don't get me wrong. I do like Kobo. I have two of them! Just be sure to choose what fits your needs so you won't be disappointed.
And the way I read is pretty much the same as you, German aside (I wanted to learn German, my parents put me in a Spanish class).

If the dictionaries are downloaded*, on the Aura, you can open a book, say in French. Select a word to have the dictionary menu, then press translation-dictionary, use the arrow (top left) and from there you can input any word. So even if you don't have a German book, you can still see the kind of translation you would get.

* but they're not always, it depends on the store

[Je ne sais pas si c'est clair. Depuis un livre sélectionner un mot. Une fenêtre apparaît. Appuyer sur (A-Z), puis dictionnaire de traduction. De là, appuyer sur la flèche en haut à gauche, on arrive sur une nouvelle fenêtre avec une zone de saisie. Il suffit d'écrire un mot en allemand ou en espagnol pour voir la traduction proposée (en anglais).]
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote