View Single Post
Old 06-20-2013, 07:24 AM   #5
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The Kindle doesn't come as standard with translation dictionaries. Its dictionaries are all single language, but they are all truly excellent.

You can buy additional dictionaries in the Kindle bookstore, and there are many translation dictionaries available there. I'm sure that someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe it's possible to buy additional dictionaries for the Kobo.
With some hacks, it's possible to add custom dictionaries. I've never tried myself so I can't tell if that's easy to do. And with each update, one takes the risk to see this ability disappear.
From what I've heard, the Kindle dictionaries are great, indeed.
Sony's are very good too, but that's not what the O.P. asked.
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote