Thread: Touch Cover image frustrations
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 09:00 AM   #13
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobertron View Post
Thanks RG1. However, it wasn't just the one, so I will need to process my entire library. This is possible through Calibre, which is going to be quite time-consuming for all my books, and I am going to need to pick each cover by hand if I want to use my simple generated covers (for 3000+ books).
Fixing this for 3000 books is going to painful.
Quote:
This gives me something I can work with if I don't want to go the Calibre route and want to script something myself. But I don't quite understand what is actually causing the margins to be added. This has happened with every epub, from various sources. Right now I am predominantly using epubs from feedbooks.com, whose formatting is generally very good. If the kobo is just reading the first page, then it would imply that feedbooks (and the other publishers) are setting up their first page to squeeze the cover image and add margins, which seems odd.
It depends on the image they are using on the cover. Personally, quite a few of my ebooks are replacing paperbacks. So, I find the a scan of the cover. These have a different aspect ratio to the ereaders screen. As I don't want then stretched out of shape, I get space down the sides on the front page and hence the cover images.

Even if they are using images that are the right ratio, they might still put a margin in. The designer of the book might have thought a margin was a good idea. Without seeing an example, it's hard to know what's going on.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote