View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 01:33 AM   #7
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
It sounds like you still have a slash somewhere in your template. If so, there is an excellent chance that the new release won't fix anything for you because it changes the default. It won't change values added/changed by the user. If you changed the string, then as far as calibre is concerned you want the value you set, not the default.

It would help if we could see the template you are using. Go to preferences -> plugins -> device interface plugins -> MTP, copy the template there, and post it.
I...

1. copied and pasted the original string into a text file.
2. copied this string from Kovid's reply

{title} - {authors}

3. and pasted it into the (now blank) text box.

...as you can see there were no /'s in it and it did as I described earlier in this post.

If {title} - {authors} is now the default template string I doubt it will work for my 2nd Generation Fire, but I will, of course, try it.
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote