View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 12:51 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
now Calibre has a send to device icon, but when I use it an author's subdirectory is put in the books directory and each title is put in a title subdirectory within the author subdirectory (just like the Kindle keyboard does in its documents directory). These books are not detected by my Fire.
Go to Preferences - Plugins - Device Interface plugins. Select SmartDevice App Interface and click Customize plugin and uncheck the use sub-directories box, also change your Save template so it no longer has the the {author_sort}/ or {author}/ from the template. The / is telling the plugin to create a directory of whatever is before the /.

Kovid suggested the same to you three days ago as quoted in your post below.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
You can configure calibre to not create subfolders, change the template to

{title} - {authors}

by right clicking the device in calibre and choosing configure this device.
This doesn't help on my new 2nd Gen Fire ($159) as they still don't appear with the other books (or any other place I look). They only show up when they are in no sub-directory but are directly in the Books folder.
Also as you acknowledged in the below quoted post the default template will be changed in the next release of calibre.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Just a note: In the next release the default template will be changed to not put books into sub folders, as there are apparently devices made by some incompetent *cough*Amazon*cough* people that dont recognize files in sub-folders. So if you want to have books in sub-folders you will need to configure the device by right clicking on the device icon in the calibre toolbar when the device is connected.

See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=191148
The only way my new Fire sees the book is if it individually placed in the Books folder.
It can all be confusing, the next version of calibre should default to no sub-directories.

Good Reading.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote