View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 07:27 PM   #1
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool Need help with Calibre and my new ($159) Kindle Fire

When I connect my new 2nd Generation Kindle Fire (the $159 one) via a USB cable Calibre 0.8.69 doesn't detect detect it. Whereas my friend's old Kindle Fire (same computer, same installition of Calibre) is detected by Calibre and Windows has assigned it a drive letter. His older Fire gets MOBI books from Calibre and places them in the documents folder and the Fire sees the books and lists them as books. But with my new Fire Calibre has no send to device icon and Windows ID's it as an external media player with no drive letter assigned, so I added the code:

Code:
test_mtp_driver = True
...and now Calibre has a send to device icon, but when I use it an author's subdirectory is put in the books directory and each title is put in a title subdirectory within the author subdirectory (just like the Kindle keyboard does in its documents directory). These books are not detected by my Fire.
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote