View Single Post
Old 06-10-2008, 04:27 PM   #12
Cthulhu
Technologist
Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY Reader PRS-500
I think one of the coolest thing about that display is how they used directed overhead projection to cheat the audience into seeing how it would work (okay, not 'cheating,' but you know what I mean).

As for durability, a slim chunk of plastic is probably an order of magnitude more accommodating to a hostile environment that a nice thin chunk of glass.
Have yet to see flexible glass, and that transparent aluminium is REALLY expensive, so I think that a flexible display like this would work well.

I would agree with the integrated swipe versus movement complaint. However, a motion-sensitive device could offer some intuitive, fun new ways to utlise any device.
You know, shake shake shake, shake shake shake, shake your cell phone...
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote