View Single Post
Old 04-13-2011, 12:00 PM   #8
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinC View Post
I believe it. I grew up in a (British) household where there were no adult books at all until we kids started buying them - and this was pre-TV. My parents were not uneducated - my father was a newspaperman and my mother actually typed up manuscripts for a local novelist who later did quite well. Reading for amusement just wasn't something they did much - although they read to us all the time. You can't base any value judgement on it.
I must admit I cannot recall my parents ever reading novels when I were a kid, and as far as I know they still do not; (even though my mum was a nursery teacher...)
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote