Thread: Glo Glo Battery Problems
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 05:48 PM   #92
VelvetElvis
Addict
VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Fire HD8, Asus, Sony (T1, PRS-300), Kobo (Glo, Touch, Wireless)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
Very disappointing indeed

I can't help notice though, it's a 24 hour sleep, right?
Yes. With the last reader, I was generally doing a morning and evening battery reading. Unless you mean a constant sleep without powering off?
Quote:

I think davidfor made a very interesting point. I've seen no (or some) battery drain a couple of times when I had the Glo sleeping but checked its battery within 10 hours. So maybe it's a valid point... something going on after a certain amount of hours in sleep – which is in the firmware for the newer devices. This would explain perfect battery life for older devices ("old"/other firmware), and it would also explain why only some of us with newer devices are seeing the battery troubles (not everyone sleeps their device >10 hours).

Have you tried checking at more regular intervals? If I were you I'd try every 8 or so hours at least during your next battery cycle
It's dead again now (100% full charge to "Please recharge..." in 72 hours.) I will try a couple more things tomorrow. Leaving it on charge all night. Again. It's insane. I've been using Calibre and sideloaded epubs for probably 4 years now, and never ever had anything like this.

Quote:
PM him yourself! That's how I got some attention
After I finish another test, I most certainly will. Thanks for the head's up.
VelvetElvis is offline   Reply With Quote