Thread: writing caret
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 03:11 AM   #11
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Quote:
Originally Posted by teh603 View Post
I generally open a blank word processor document, insert the character I want, and then copypasta it into the plain text document I'm writing in something like notepad. Or just use the character map, depending on whether one's available or not. Kubuntu noticeably lacks one.
As far as accents are concerned, the alternate Linux AZERTY keyboard (see joint screenshot) provides its users with an easy and direct typing for accented capitals (using CAPS LOCK) without any need for memorization.

This goes for example for UPPER letters like É È À Ç Ù, Æ Œ, carets Â Ê Î Ô Û, or umlauts Ä Ë Ï Ö Ü and their lower brothers (sisters), this time without CAPS LOCK.

This is why I would like to be able to use my keyboard with Sigil 07 like with previous Sigils...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	clavier Xorg.png
Views:	150
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	101639  

Last edited by roger64; 02-21-2013 at 03:21 AM.
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote