View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 01:55 PM   #3
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, 1825PT, Galaxy Tab, One X, TF700T, Aura HD, Nexus 7
I frequently read comics on my tablets and having the images wrapped in a cbr or cbz (depending on which compression format I used at the time) helps to keep the comics neat and tidy. So instead possibly tens or hundreds of separate files, you will only have one. I think (although I can't be certain) that having loads of images files might be more of a performance hit that one file containing them all.

Yes, you are right that the files are just renamed zip or rar files. If the compression format compresses the image a bit further, then thats fine, but it is not required. As to viewing them, the compression does not effect viewing in the slightest, nor the response time of the app. Image quality is also unaffected due to the fact that you are using a lossless format for compression.
ghostyjack is offline   Reply With Quote