View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 08:36 AM   #5
Sara_J
Sara_J ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sara_J ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sara_J ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sara_J ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sara_J ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sara_J ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sara_J ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sara_J ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sara_J ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sara_J ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sara_J ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by cathalmc View Post
Hi Sara

It's very simple to create hyperlinks in the ebook. It's a two-step process:

1) create an anchor in the target file you will link to

2) create a link to this anchor in the file you will link from

For example, using Sigil, you create an anchor using a pair of DIV tags and an ID property in the target / linked-to file just above the place you want to link to:

<div id="ANCHOR_NAME"> </div>

In Sigil this is what you should enter in the file you are linking from:

<p><a href="../Text/FILENAME_OF_LINKED_TO_FILE.xhtml#ANCHOR_NAME">The user will see the text here</a></p>

Obviously both FILENAME_OF_LINKED_TO_FILE and ANCHOR_NAME can be anything you choose, always best to keep them logical! You can, of course, also link to positions within the same file / chapter. And as Martin says, you need to test each link on the Kindle itself.

Hope this helps!
Great thanks, this is what I was looking for but could not find searching it online.

One thing though, I'm using OpenOffice to write the manuscript and I have an online guide that shows me how to put it into Kindle via OpenOffice alone (i.e. not using Sigil). Can I put this same code in OpenOffice or is there any other way to do it via OpenOffice?

Thanks again.
Sara_J is offline   Reply With Quote