Thread: Duokan 2013
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 02:54 PM   #991
zvonchica
zvonchica has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.zvonchica has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.zvonchica has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.zvonchica has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.zvonchica has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3.4 WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by iri1 View Post
@zvonchica

My pdfs with problems for CE characters are pdfs made directly from OCR by someone, no editing or correcting, they are old and have some unusual fonts embedded by the OCR software, custom encoding, so it's no wonder they can't show properly in duokan. What I mean is that's not a duokan bug. Kindle firmware also have trouble with them, showing spaces instead those CE characters. Although those pdfs were properly shown in older versions of duokan.

Every other pdfs are ok in duokan.
This is exactly my case with those three pdfs. Native Kindle OS shows blank spaces instead of ć,č,đ which makes the ebook entirely unreadable. Duokan detects characters in those places, but shows them awkwardly. Today I updated Duokan but still no change. I wrote to developers team yesterday, but there's no reply so far (I don't think they send emails to their "customers" but I do hope that they will have in mind this flaw with CE encoding while making future updates).

Does anyone know how to remove a little envelope on the top of the screen while Wi-Fi is turn on (it is a notice that I received an email). I suppose they sent me an email when I registered my Duokan account, but can't figure out how to open it and thus remove it from the screen.
zvonchica is offline   Reply With Quote