View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 11:38 AM   #11
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@DiapDealer - thanks very much for confirming that. What I know about cmake/nmake wouldn't fill a paragraph.

I will add this as a warning to anyone out there doing Visual Studio 2010 builds of Sigil and then using them. As brilliant as it is for debugging Sigil, there are a number of issues I have found with the executables it produces. These result in very undesired behaviour in Sigil and can have you panicking about bugs in the code that don't exist when you do an nmake build.

Here are just two examples I have seen:
  • Saving an EPUB using results in a corrupted mimetype file. It isn't the 20 byte uncompressed file it should be.
  • In BookView, clicking within a paragraph so there is no selection and then pasting (ctrl+v or via right-click) will delete from the mouse position until the end of the paragraph block.
Exactly why these issues happen I have no clue. The fault does not lie in the Sigil code itself, which works fine using nmake.

My guess is that the fault lies in the cmake configuration somewhere - some flags are not being set for the Visual Studio configuration that are in the nmake one. So if there are any cmake gurus out there who also have Visual Studio and want to nut this one out I would be extremely grateful...
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote