View Single Post
Old 02-13-2007, 04:06 PM   #66
L1Wulf
Enthusiast
L1Wulf began at the beginning.

Device: nook
But I had changed all output to the user namespace the first time around (since I had already thought of the reason you mentioned which is also the reason why I changed the install destination--I just am not keen on doing this on a regular basis; call me silly but I'd like to keep my installed programs in "Program Files" with the default Vista protection in place ). Perhaps the temp files are hard coded to the temp directory?

Just took a look at the temp directory as it is currently installed and I noticed that there is several subdirectories (numbered 1-3), some of which contain .html0 files. Would I be mistaken in assuming these are the intermediate files used when converting the original file to BM native format?

If so, then it disproves the possibility that Vista's protection is disabling the writing of temp files there since each test book I tried converted fine to the native format (ie I could open a PDF and view the converted text, make changes, etc), but would not "make ebook" to RTF, or Sony Reader.

Now it bugs me to know what exactly is keeping it from working...but not enough to uninstall and reinstall back into the "Program Files" directory since I suspect I will have to just reinstall back to where it is at now in the long run.

Incidentally, I can no longer open unprotected MS Reader files (.lit) as it throws an error on clit12a.exe (12a???). The error dialog must be in Russian as it comprises mostly of question marks on my system. The following is from the event viewer for the error:

Quote:
Faulting application clit12a.exe, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp 0x3e12334c, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 6.0.6000.16386, time stamp 0x4549bdc9, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x0006715c, process id 0xb28, application start time 0x01c74fa14f7a13f0.
L1Wulf is offline   Reply With Quote