View Single Post
Old 12-19-2013, 02:32 PM   #119
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTravers View Post
Definitely agree about the wooden shelves. Not sure why that makes sense for a notes app. Fortunately, the developer will be submitting version 4.0 with a new UI and many other changes to the App Store next week. The dev seems pretty open to input, suggestions, questions, etc. and is active on Twitter.
https://www.twitter.com/goodnotesapp
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceArt View Post
Glad to know they have an iOS 7 interface in the works. I'm not sure I need this app, really, but I will probably end up buying it anyway. I can't help it, I'm an app addict.
Well, I've been had. I started using the evaluation version of goodnotes, and it is indeed a good app, so in spite of the fact that the promised upgrade and cleaner look failed to materialize, I bought the app. I decided to trust the developers who are not the kind to play yoyo with their app's price to attract reviews, which I do appreciate. The price is reasonable in my view although high by iOS standards. And the message each time I started the app said new functionalities are coming, and I should buy while the price is low. OK.

This evening I got a message saying that the new version was out, and available for a short period at a reduced price, which happens to be the same that I already paid a couple of weeks ago. So much for free new functionalities. I should have been more patient.

That said, I do think it's a good app and I will probably pay for the new version. It's just another proof, in my view, that the business model for mobile apps (I suspect that it's more or less the same with other OSes) is inherently rotten and ultimately bad for consumers.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote