View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 08:00 AM   #2
yifanlu
Kindle Dissector
yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
I don't know why you made a new thread when I just wanted a one sentence answer from someone, which is why I asked in the IRC and not on here (it's like I texted you and you sent your reply via snail mail, if you do this for every question I ask, there will be a lot of new theeads because I ask a lot of dumb questions and don't want to flood the message boards with them <- added for clarity), but never mind that.

I did read that post you linked to a while ago and I asked because I want to make sure of the "bottom" and "top". Can you reference other components like "top below X" and "bottom above Y"?

And since we have a thread going, let's not waste the space. Anyone want to share how they connected the USB serial? Do I need an external power supply running 1.8V? Any specific adapter that works "out of the box"? I have a 3.3V USB ttl adapter that worked on the K2. The chipset supports 1.8V, but the adapter has jumpers only for 3.3V and 5V. Also, I was too cheap to buy a new soldering iron and my old one is very worn out so any way I can check if I soldered everything correctly and no shorts over the pads, I mean it boots and my multimeter doesn't show a connection on rxd->txd or txd->gnd and it got 1.8V successfully.

Last edited by yifanlu; 01-25-2012 at 04:43 PM.
yifanlu is offline   Reply With Quote