View Single Post
Old 04-15-2011, 12:55 PM   #73
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
I wonder what percent of the population has had my experience.

I had a good education. We read a lot of great literature in high school and college, much of which was over my head. But current best sellers and popular fiction were all the time sneered at by my teachers. I guess it started in grammar school when the librarians sneered at The Hardy Boys.

My point being that although we read a great deal of assigned material, we were not encouraged to read what was not assigned. And needless to say, reading in school (with a deadline and a test for each book) was not particularly pleasant.

I'm sure that it was the intention of my teachers that I read only quality. And I think the result was that reading for pleasure was not encouraged.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote