View Single Post
Old 01-18-2010, 04:49 PM   #8
BenjaminJames
Enthusiast
BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Sony 505 (2nd one), had a Cool-er but broke it, Dell Streak
My choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Is there actually a good romance book that a real man will enjoy?
YES! The time travellers wife.
I haven't read this yet (or seen the film, which looks pants!! lol) but the wikipedia article makes it sound very interesting and I plan to read it so why not for feb's book club.

When 20-year-old Clare meets 28-year-old Henry at the Newberry Library in 1991 at the opening of the novel, he has never seen her before, although she has known him most of her life.
Henry begins time traveling at the age of five, jumping forward and backward relative to his own timeline. When he leaves, where he goes, or how long his trips will last are all beyond his control. His destinations are tied to his subconscious. He always arrives naked and then struggles to find clothing, shelter and food. He amasses a number of survival skills including lock-picking, self defense and pickpocketing. Much of this he learns from older versions of himself.

Reviewers have found The Time Traveler's Wife difficult to classify generically: some categorize it as science fiction, others as a romance. Niffenegger herself is reluctant to label the novel, saying she "never thought of it as science fiction, even though it has a science-fiction premise". In Niffenegger's view, the story is primarily about Henry and Clare's relationship and the struggles they endure.
So how about it people give it your vote
BenjaminJames is offline   Reply With Quote