View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 02:20 PM   #953
Peakcrew
Avid reader of sci-fi
Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Touch, Lenovo X61, Samsung Galaxy Note with Aldiko reader app
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Could someone try this and see if it works

Save the following as list_usb.py
Code:
from calibre.devices.libusb import get_devices
ans = get_devices()
for device in ans:
 print device
 for ids in device:
  print " hex: %x" %ids
then, from command line and in the directory where the calibre executables are found
Code:
calibre-debug -e <path to list_usb.py>
When I try it I get the following with my Touch attached
Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Calibre2>calibre-debug.exe -e d:\source\list_usb.py
DEBUG:    0.0 KoboTouch:initialize
(8759, 16739, 806)
 hex: 2237
 hex: 4163
 hex: 326
I have tried dusting off my command-line skills, and get to the Calibre directory okay. "calibre-debug -e d:\list_usb.py" just gives me:

DEBUG: 0.0 KoboTouch:initialize

At least it is recognising the Kobo, but what am I doing wrong? Does it need to be run whilst the KT is connecting to the computer, or should it run any time it is attached?
Peakcrew is offline   Reply With Quote