View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012, 02:00 AM   #46
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floodlit World View Post
I remember we had the same problem when DRM first started. People spent hundreds of pounds downloading music from online stores, then one day, the stores were like 'sorry, we're going out of business, and our DRM will be discontinued so none of those songs you paid for will be working ever again.'

I just buy a TB drive every year or so, fill it up, label it, and then stick it in a box somewhere. I know they can crash and everything, but I haven't had one go so far, and I know that it'll be there if i need it.
Same thing here. When they cost more and I seemed to have time, I might recycle the drives.
Now, I just buy a 1TB or 2TB drive for a hundred or so, and copy everything I can on to it. Then I just store it somewhere. Always some in protected boxes, fire safes, safe deposit boxes.

They just sit there.Never seem to have to go hunt for a file.

It is one of those "just in case" things that make you feel good like insurance for the kids but you hope it is never used.

I know several other people who do the same thing.

Some things though that you might want immediately you can store online in Mozy or gmail even. But that is for info, records or even old pictures, not music or videos.
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote