View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 06:32 AM   #53
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by applesauce View Post
I MUST break my once started must finish mentality.

applesauce
It took me a while to realise that just because I'd started reading a book, I had no obligation to finish it.
I am still not over it (and I'm no kid) - you never know, something may come up later to turn it into a masterpiece... not that it ever happened, but we live in hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anabana View Post
For any of you who may be interested (and not already aware), I've just learned about the Pepys Diary Site. A day-by-day entry takes you through it in a year; includes many interesting annotations.
The link to the Diary site is http://www.pepysdiary.com/diary/1660/01/01/
Also, you can sign up to receive it daily as an RSS or email.
thank you, this is such a find! I note it says
Quote:
The diary entries were published on this site daily, in real time, from January 2003 until May 2012, with readers discussing events each day. From January 2013 the diary entries will again appear on the front page at the end of the day (London time), starting with 1 January 1660.
but all previous discussions are still there.

Perhaps a platitude, but though I know it, whenever I come across it, it always strikes me how writings roughly up to the 20th century are peppered with observations about health.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote