View Single Post
Old 09-04-2008, 09:50 AM   #52
khourianya
TechnoBookworm
khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Samsung Galaxy Tab, Kobo Glo, Kobo Mini
Stephenie Meyer is a great storyteller. Her novels may never win prizes for the quality of the writing, but she tells a story in a very compelling way. I, personally, enjoyed them, but this thread was never started to debate the quality of her writing. There are alot of people out there who have English degrees, like she does, who end up flipping burgers because they can't channel the degree they wanted into a career that will pay the bills.

In reading her explanation of the breach of her trust on her website, I can understand where she's coming from. The person who equated it to someone licking their ice cream cone was probably right on the money. Additionally, as a mormon, Meyer likely trusts more easily than she probably should - especially given that her books are so popular. The anticipation for novels at that level of popularity can usually cause a few wallets to open to loosen the secrets. I don't know if that was the case here,but it wouldn't be the first "friend" who opened up at the loosening of purse strings...

Last edited by khourianya; 09-04-2008 at 10:03 AM.
khourianya is offline   Reply With Quote