View Single Post
Old 07-29-2009, 04:10 PM   #34
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
I am not sure about Central Park; The Statue of Liberty is specifically mentioned as being a flaming pile of rubble. They do walk through Battery Park at one point. What makes it worse for me is that the two main characters are a police detective and a newspaper reporter. Surely *they* would think to wonder where the special bathtub manufacturing place is if the whole world is Manhattan?

I keep thinking about Aristotle, who I was forced to read in university. He talked about the difference between probability and possibility. The audience can suspend their disbelief for something improbable as long as you set it up to be possible, but they cannot believe something impossible. So if I say to you 'assume, for the purposes of this story, that all chairs are blue' then it is improbable, but you are willing to go along with me. If a character then comes along with a green chair though, you are justified in saying wait a minute and asking for an explanation. I am sort of feeling this way about the special bathtubs right now
Special bathtubs? LOL!
That book sounds absolutely dreadful. Shouldn't any survivors of the initial world-shattering kaboom blast be dying of leukemia and radiation poisoning? That would be the part that I couldn't overlook. Yep, I stand by my previous theory that the reason you are picking it apart is because it is simply a bad book.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote