View Single Post
Old 07-21-2012, 03:59 AM   #282
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
There is a reason behind the library path thing. The way calibre chooses to display library names has some limitations which from time to time the odd user has come on to complain about. For users who only have a small number of libraries I completely agree that a dropdown of names would be consistent and simple. Three issues though. First calibre has a limit to the number of libraries it remembers, and there has been at least one user I have seen come on these forums and complain about that. Secondly I need to cater for the user comparing against a library they may not yet have opened in calibre on this machine. And thirdly what about a user who makes a copy of their library folder onto a different drive for backup and is using this feature to compare. Just displaying the calibre library folder is not enough to differentiate which one they are pointing to.

So I took the easy way out and took the same approach as the switch/create library dialog - that is the part of calibre I have chosen to be "consistent" with.

Your second suggestion of a save button is an excellent one, I will add that in.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote