View Single Post
Old 06-05-2013, 12:27 AM   #12
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
I'm apparently out of the loop as I had not even heard of the Kobo Aura HD. I just went and read about it and wow it looks super nice. I will definitely have to investigate more now!
Kobo launched it in April to the surprise of many. The slightly larger (6.8") display, higher resolution and crystal clear, uniform lighting makes it a joy to read on. Although Kobo is known for its occasionally buggy firmware, the many user-customized features make up for it, i.e., font sizing, font weight, sharpness, line spacing and margins -- all adjustable via slider as opposed to pre-determined and limited values as on the PW. Also nice is the addition of a physical button to actually turn the light completely off, if desired. The only negative is dealing directly with Kobo.

Hopefully Amazon is working on an improvement.

Last edited by Skydog; 06-05-2013 at 12:31 AM.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote