View Single Post
Old 06-04-2013, 05:04 PM   #8
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
I suspect there may be a much larger number of PW owners that are dissatisfied with its display quality but simply tolerate it as no other front-lighted option exists for those who are married to the Amazon ecosystem (with no knowledge or desire to work around it). Although I have owned a PW since it was first available, I still loathe the uneven blotchiness/discoloration and have never been able to ignore it while reading.

As any improvement in the components is directly related to the cost, I doubt the majority of Amazon's customers would be willing to support higher prices for superior quality that they would not notice. Unfortunately, Amazon is going in the opposite direction to increase their market share and subsequent sales of content.

I haven't used my PW since I acquired a Kobo Aura HD. Its display is stunning and is what the Paperwhite should have been.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote