View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 12:37 PM   #1
adv_dp_fan
Zealot
adv_dp_fan will blow your mind, man!adv_dp_fan will blow your mind, man!adv_dp_fan will blow your mind, man!adv_dp_fan will blow your mind, man!adv_dp_fan will blow your mind, man!adv_dp_fan will blow your mind, man!adv_dp_fan will blow your mind, man!adv_dp_fan will blow your mind, man!adv_dp_fan will blow your mind, man!adv_dp_fan will blow your mind, man!adv_dp_fan will blow your mind, man!

Device: Sony 505, iPad 1 & 3, Galaxy Note 8.1
Sigil resets edits to content.opf

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if Sigil is. Last night I was trying to fix what page iBooks starts up when I open a book and was editing the <guide> section of content.opf. I saved and loaded the book onto the iPad to test and it still didn't work properly so I went back to Sigil and found all of my edits had reverted back to their pre-edit state.

Testing it a little I noticed that any changes I made to the <guide> section were reverted any time I saved. Unzipped the epub, edited in notepad and tested on the iPad and it worked fine then. But if I load that edited book back into Sigil, it shows the edits okay but when I save it changes them again.

This explains why when I have changed previous books they still didn't work properly but I'm not sure why Sigil is "fixing" my edits like it is?

Any ideas?
adv_dp_fan is offline   Reply With Quote