View Single Post
Old 09-19-2013, 03:11 PM   #20
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by techiemonkey View Post
Instead of porting android to kindle, why not port the nook or sony android to the kindlez/ It would be easier 'cause nook & sony android are already optimized for ereaders. The things left to do would be:
1. Changing drivers for optimizing to the kindle hardware
2. Make some other changes to make it compatible with kindle.
Nook's CPU is not i.MX so the Android ported on Nook Simple Touch will not be easily and straightforwardly be portable to Kindle Touch that (uses Freescale i.MX508).

On another note, boy oh boy! I didn't know this:

Quote:
The i.MX50 family of chips is based on a Cortex A8 CPU, with a base speed of 800MHz and a NEON co-processor. Two of the chips, the 507 and 508, will have have the new support for E-ink screens integrated into the chip. They will also be keeping support for LCD screens, so what we have here is a chip that could drive a dual screen tablet (like the mythical Amazon tablet I mentioned yesterday).
So, what the hell are we doing. We should be really working on Android port to little KT! I, for one, am pumped and motivated to work on this project once again. Who's willing to help?

Last edited by thatworkshop; 09-19-2013 at 03:42 PM.
thatworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote