Thread: Wanted features
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2016, 04:58 AM   #338
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2g2 View Post
First I cannot find a way to sort books by file name or series instead of book title. As my collection is big, I organize my books by folders, first type (Sci-Fi, Literature, ...) then by Author. Inside a folder, it seems I can only sort by title. This is a real pain because there is no way to see the series.
In desperation I have started to put individual books into directories with the name of directory set to display the desired info. I often have the same book in several formats, so I have all those in the same directory. It adds additional directory level, but PocketBook doesn't screw-up the directory names, only [some] filenames when displaying library. Please note, I have previous firmware 4.xy that is screwed less than 5.xy series
I have tag set for all my books in Calibre that are supposed to be on my reader. That way I can compile a catalog for all the books on my reader.
So it was not a problem to set up a new template for saving books to disk
Code:
{author_sort:.1}/{authors}/{series:|# |}/{series_index:0>3s|| - }{title} - {authors}/{series_index:0>3s|| - }{title} - {authors}
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2g2 View Post
Second I would like an option to display the current page of the book being read during boot time.
I think this still works in PB626. I have played with a 626 before Christmas, as I was preparing a few units for my friends (installing coolreader and the like) and I would have noticed this missing feature.
Have a better look at the options menu.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote