View Single Post
Old 05-31-2013, 06:59 AM   #431
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by rem736 View Post
but since it doesn't come with a charger and only came with a cable meant for charging with a computer (which only supplies 500mA), the charger i'm using should be fine (output 5.2V 500mA). i don't think the extra 0.2 V matters. most electronic devices are made to be tolerant of minor variations (+/- 0.2V).

the one strange thing that happened was that when connected to the charger, the aura popped up a message thinking it's connected to a computer ("Computer detected" with the cancel/connect option buttons). i simply hit cancel and put it to sleep.
The charger may say 5.2V but what does a digital multimeter say it is outputting? I've seen a lot of chargers that do not even come close to their rated output voltages and currents.

The connected to computer popup is normal behaviour for a Kobo ereader, the software does not seem to do any checking when you plug in a USB cable as to whether a computer or a charger is at the far end. One cable I use which has only the V+ and V- lines connected triggers the connect to computer message.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote