View Single Post
Old 04-17-2009, 05:29 PM   #3
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
The following surprised me: I did not think the Kindle store actually stored backups of each individual ebook you bought but rather regenerated them from a master if they needed re-downloading. Or perhaps Andrew Savikas just means that the new DRM-free versions can't be used as replacements for the existing DRM-ridden ones.
I don't understand it either. Furthermore, the AZW files are all tagged with a version number so the same book with the same ASIN can exist in different versions. Yet I'm told Amazon doesn't use this mechanism currently.
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote