View Single Post
Old 01-26-2014, 06:35 PM   #8
ClareK
Connoisseur
ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Laser
I read "Poor Fellow My Country" not long after it was first published, and I still have my hardback copy in its dustjacket. Although I can't imagine I'll ever read it again, it's one of the books I'll keep.

I know at the time we all thought it was a masterpiece, and it won the Miles Franklin award for "a novel which is of the highest literary merit and presents Australian life in any of its phases".

Now I am tempted to reread it after all, but I am nearly forty years older and the book is very heavy - the print is clear and a good size, but this means it has nearly 1500 pages. Perhaps if it ever comes out as an ebook ...
ClareK is offline   Reply With Quote