View Single Post
Old 10-14-2011, 08:44 AM   #89
witeowl
Hopeless Geek
witeowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.witeowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.witeowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.witeowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.witeowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.witeowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.witeowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.witeowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.witeowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.witeowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.witeowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color (manual nooter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
One more time--some of us are objecting to the excruciating levels of analysis, not to any and all discussion and evaluation of the work being read. It serves no purpose other than to make reading boring, and I doubt that's the goal.
Did you read what I quoted? The poster basically questioned any discussion of author's message and theme! I mean, sure, let's keep the microscopes out of it, but that doesn't mean that we can't do anything beyond "enjoy" reading. After all, if it's done right, analysis really can contribute to enjoyment.

There needs to be balance, and the post I was replying to was definitely not advocating any balance.
witeowl is offline   Reply With Quote