View Single Post
Old 09-24-2013, 11:58 AM   #38
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
Free or not it don't change the fact -> It won't do what I need it to do. It's not usable. Period. I'll gladly pay for a program that do, if such alternative existed. Or I'll gladly pay the calibre dev to have that. But everyone think calibre is wonderfully perfect, that there is absolutely no need for improvement.

The "deal with it" attitude is annoying. Is it THAT hard to understand that other people have different needs or way to see things ? That what works for you don't necessarily works for everyone else ?
The real problem, for you, is that the developers disagree with your interpretation of how the program should work. The program is open-source. Find a group of like-minded users, fork the code and make it do what you want.

Asking developers to make a change that will fill the needs of a minority of users, while causing fairly major rewrite of how the database works is a bit arrogant.

So yes. Deal with it. Find yourself another piece of software that fits your needs or write it yourself. Whining about won't make it happen.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote