Thread: Fastboot GUI
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 11:00 AM   #38
hostar
Zealot
hostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle 4 non-touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeb View Post
Hi,

OK I tried the source in monodevelop and am happy to say it succesfully built and ran without modifications. The only thing: I got a Fastboot-GUI.exe file, which I had to run using the command
Code:
mono Fastboot-GUI.exe
, a bit like a java program.

Now for usage: I have a Kindle Touch. I had to create the empty file ENABLE_DIAGS from scratch because there is no DONT_HALT_ON_REPAIR file. After reboot, I have the developer menu on the Kindle, but get no "F) Fastboot Bundle Install" under the "D) Exit, Reboot or Disable Diags" menu. Am I doing something wrong? Or is it my Kindle model?
1) Great. But as you can see, this output exe run just under mono. For making really native x64 binary, run:
mkbundle ./Fastboot-GUI.exe
and post output here.

2) You really SHOULD have there "Fastboot Bundle Install", but I don't have Touch model, so maybe is elsewhere.

Last edited by hostar; 06-19-2012 at 11:05 AM.
hostar is offline   Reply With Quote