View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 02:21 PM   #445
RolandD
Fanatic
RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch is now my main eReader.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
You feel free to never return anything if, say, your wife tells you can't keep it, or if you get a duplicate as a gift, or if you find that in the light of your home, the color clashes, or the big screen turns out to be too close to your thermostats, or any of a zillion other LEGITIMATE reasons.
But you eat the money. Go ahead, THAT is taking personal responsibilty.
But telling OTHER people that their legitimate reasons are illegitimate?
That's just being a
Let's see here, if my wife tells me I can't keep it, then I never should have bought it without discussing it with her first.

A duplicate gift should remain unopened and not be a problem.

The color clashes: I might give you that one, because a lot of people don't have a good sense of color.

Big Screen too close to the thermostats? You should have measured first.

Let me clarify a few things:

I said opened items. If you buy something that would require your spouse's approval, then don't open it until you have her approval. At the very least, repackage it so that it is in like new condition. I've seen people return items that look like a gorilla opened the package and then repacked it. Items like that are no longer sale-able as new and must be discounted.

When I made that post, I was in a hurry and 'defective' was not the word I should have used, but it was short. I meant 'imperfect in fulfilling the need for which it was purchased through no fault of your own'.

If there was something you could have done prior to purchasing an item that would have educated you to the fact that you would need to return the item, it is your responsibility to do it.

And if you still think I am a jackass, that's fine. But, the only way to change those things that society accepts as right, even though they aren't, is to speak out.

As I said in an earlier post, I return stuff for illegitimate reasons, too. But, I try to make every effort possible, not to. I'm not saying that you can't make returns, or even shouldn't make returns, but if you make a return that you could have prevented, then you should feel a little bit of guilt. The cost of returns is factored into the retail price, just like the cost of shoplifting.