Thread: Touch Dictionary for ST
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 08:13 AM   #15
RAH
Guru
RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Color Nook; Nook Touch
I do not know about installing another dictionary, but I do not agree with what you have read about the Touch's dictionary being unhelpful. I find it to be very complete, with entries for even very obscure terms. For example, I've been reading a lot of classic novels from Gutenberg lately, and often have to look up very old words that you hardly ever seen in modern prose. It seems to always have an entry, even for British terms.

So I think you should give the plain dictionary a try before you look for something else.

The big complaint about the current Touch dictionary is the stupid fact that you cannot look up a word that is not in a book - i.e. you cannot just type in a word and get a definition. You used to be able to do this on the Classic Nook, and whoever decided to remove this feature should be taken out and shot!

Last edited by RAH; 02-21-2012 at 08:16 AM.
RAH is offline   Reply With Quote