View Single Post
Old 07-23-2011, 07:45 PM   #6
ArmorDog
Connoisseur
ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi and Kobo Touch and Kobo Glo and Kobo H20
It's very easy to use.
Start it up and you see the I'm Reading section. It's a short list of all the books you have open, with the most recent one selected at the top. You can select it to start reading. Or go to the library which allows you to sort by Title, Author, and... Date Added (not sure about Date Added). You can jump directly to a specific letter (like if you want to read Stanislaw Lem, you can jump right to the 'L' section).

While reading, you press right for next page, left to previous page, up to increase the font size, down to decrease it. Pressing the center button (or the Menu button on the side of the reader) brings up a pop-over menu. (It's like the 'blade' menus on the XBox 360.)

Everything is designed to require the fewest number of button presses: menus remember where you were last and they're customized to where you are (different menus in I'm Reading vs Library vs in a book). Oh, and you can jump directly to a specific page.

Over all, I love using it. I've probably read twenty-five books on it so far and the only thing I like better is my brand new Kobo Touch.

I hope this wasn't too rambling. I'd also be happy to answer any specific questions.
ArmorDog is offline   Reply With Quote