View Single Post
Old 02-03-2007, 04:47 PM   #10
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
She was a French teacher, I believe. I don't know if she does the translations, though. I suspect not. The translator may be changing the names. I'm surprised. Even the Chinese version just has names that sound like the originals, even though they make no sense in Chinese. (I'm not talking about those whacky knock-offs for sale in the Chinese market-- I'm talking about the authorized translations. I don't know what the knock-offs do to the names, or anything else, except that I think in one Harry turns out to be related to Gandalf in LOTR.)

I'm not so sure Ms. Rowling is the one opposed to the ebook versions. I've only seen that in print once, and it was a vague statement by the journalist, not a direct quote. It could be her publisher who objects. Ms. Rowling has a lot of clout for an author, but her publisher is most likely still making the decisions about what editions to offer.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote