View Single Post
Old 05-08-2009, 11:02 PM   #1
deltame
deltame began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2, EZ Reader
have K2, want buy another device

I have the kindle 2 and love it. The only limitation for me, as I see it, is that I would like to read e-book from my library sometimes. I am lucky in that I have access to the NYC public library and their e-book (and also mostly audio-book) collection is quite impressive. The library offers e-book in DRM protected via both the PDF and mobi formats. Between Sony 505 and EZ-book, I cannot seem to decide which device would be best for me w.r.t. DRM contents from the library. Compatibility to Sony 505 is well documented on my library's website but some had said PDF viewing on 505 isn't ideal. I'm leaning towards EZ-book if I can be certain that it does support DRM-mobi format. I appreciate any feedback you can provide.

deltame
p.s. I am aware of certain scripts out there that people use & convert DRM-mobi into amazon kindle readable format. However, I'm not very literate in this area and since instruction is taken off-line, I'm not confident I can get it to work. I also worry too much, that amazon could one day decide to further restrict at the device level.
deltame is offline   Reply With Quote