View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 05:08 AM   #835
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by askak View Post
Hi guys,

I tried to debrick my Touch because it seems that it has the filesystem damaged. Well, I tried the ixtab method, I could install, I got into diags mode but I couldn't get ssh to work, it failed with connection time out error.

I searched in the forum and it seems normal since the filesystem was already damaged, but it fools you because you can install it. (ixtab program)

So I have to do it the hard way. And now I'm a bit confused, ok I downloaded the fastboot for linux (it was a bit hidden btw ) and now I need to download a mmcblk0p2_ssh file, to get into diags mode like with ixtab method, but I don't find this file for my kernel 5.1.2. I guess my backup wouldn't work, right?

Also, I have a mmcblk0p1 backup, maybe made after damaging the system, could it be damaged too?, should I download a new one?

Thanks a lot. And sorry if they're very basic questions.
The main and diags "(kernel,partition)" pairs are completely orthogonal ("unrelated", if you prefer that term). IOW: the respective kernel and partition must match, but there is no relationship between diags and main - think of it like a dual-boot system, except that it's not Windoze and Linux, but main and diags. So yes, there is no 5.1.x diags kernel. Just install the 5.0.0 diags kernel and the 5.0.1 diags partition.

Concerning the mmcblk0p1 backup: up to you. First get the diags problems fixed and reboot to main. If something is wrong, you can still overwrite the main kernel/partition from diags. OTOH, you could directly overwrite them when you're in diags anyway, to be sure that you're back to a sane configuration. Up to you

HTH

Last edited by ixtab; 11-06-2012 at 05:11 AM.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote