View Single Post
Old 10-10-2011, 10:49 PM   #42
Harmon
King of the Bongo Drums
Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Excelsior! (Strange...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabby View Post
If amazon wants to sell lots of Fires, and content, they should be thinking about a "killer" ereader. Unfortunately, I fear we will get whirling book shelves, and other such nonsense, instead of a good solid ereader. By the way, I don't think the K3 is a "killer" ereader. I have to hack the line spacing, margins and font size to read my K3 with comfort, so I don't think the K3 would make a good model. I do have the Rockwell (serif) font installed, but I use the stock sanserif. To bad they can't create a serif font of equal quality for the K3.
You've focused in on what I was trying to get at.

It's not a question of whether the Fire Kindle app has collections. It is that such a question could even be seriously considered.

There's a ten minute demo of the Fire by an Amazon rep that someone posted a link to, and I went to take a look at it. There was barely ANY mention of ebooks.

I agree that the K3 is not a killer EBR. What seems evident is that the Fire will not be any better, and that Amazon has no commitment to make it anything more than a mediocre platform for reading books.

Of course, there's no great pressure on Amazon to make a killer Kindle. But that means I have no reason to spend my money on the Fire. I had hoped I would...
Harmon is offline   Reply With Quote